1. Panagioti M, Gooding PA, Triantafyllou K, Tarrier N. Suicidality and posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in adolescents: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Social psychiatry and psychiatric epidemiology. 2015;50(4):525-37.
2. Asalgoo S, Tat M, Sahraei H, Pirzad Jahromi G. The psychoactive agent crocin can regulate hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activity. Frontiers in neuroscience. 2017;11:668.
3. Asalgoo S, Jahromi G, Meftahi G, Sahraei H. Posttraumatic stress disorder (ptsd): Mechanisms and possible treatments. Neurophysiology. 2015;47(6): 482-9.
4. Baker DG, Nievergelt CM, Risbrough VB. Post-traumatic stress disorder: emerging concepts of pharmacotherapy. Expert opinion on emerging drugs. 2009;14(2):251-72.
5. Hashtjini MM, Jahromi GP, Meftahi GH. Aqueous extract of saffron administration along with amygdala deep brain stimulation promoted alleviation of symptoms in post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in rats. Avicenna journal of phytomedicine. 2018;8 (4):358.
6. Hashtjini MM, Jahromi GP, Sadr SS, Meftahi GH, Hatef B, Javidnazar D. Deep brain stimulation in a rat model of post-traumatic stress disorder modifies forebrain neuronal activity and serum corticosterone. Iranian journal of basic medical sciences. 2018; 21(4):370.
7. Katzman MA, Bleau P, Blier P, Chokka P, Kjernisted K, Van Ameringen M. Canadian clinical practice guidelines for the management of anxiety, posttraumatic stress and obsessive-compulsive disorders. BMC psychiatry. 2014;14(1):1-83.
8. Gradus JL. Prevalence and prognosis of stress disorders: a review of the epidemiologic literature. Clinical epidemiology. 2017;9:251.
9. Sepahvand H, Hashtjini MM, Salesi M, Sahraei H, Jahromi GP. Prevalence of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) in Iranian Population Following Disasters and Wars: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. 2019;13(1):e66124
10. Peterlin BL, Nijjar SS, Tietjen GE. Post‐traumatic stress disorder and migraine: Epidemiology, sex differences, and potential mechanisms. Headache: The Journal of Head and Face Pain. 2011;51(6):860-8.
11. Creech SK, Misca GJFip. Parenting with PTSD: A review of research on the influence of PTSD on parent-child functioning in military and veteran families. 2017;8:1101.
12. Goenjian AK, Najarian L, Pynoos R, Steinberg A, Petrosian P, Setrakyan S, et al. Posttraumatic stress reactions after single and double trauma. 1994;90(3):214-21.
13. Stein MB, Jang KL, Taylor S, Vernon PA, Livesley WJJAJoP. Genetic and environmental influences on trauma exposure and posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms: a twin study. 2002;159 (10): 1675-81.
14. Miragoli S, Camisasca E, Di Blasio PJCa, neglect. Narrative fragmentation in child sexual abuse: the role of age and post-traumatic stress disorder. 2017;73:106-14.
15. Grivel MM, Leong W, Masucci MD, Altschuler RA, Arndt LY, Redman SL, et al. Impact of lifetime traumatic experiences on suicidality and likelihood of conversion in a cohort of individuals at clinical high-risk for psychosis. 2018;195:549-53.
16. Chantarujikapong SI, Scherrer JF, Xian H, Eisen SA, Lyons MJ, Goldberg J, et al. A twin study of generalized anxiety disorder symptoms, panic disorder symptoms and post-traumatic stress disorder in men. 2001;103(2-3):133-45.
17. Lupien SJ, McEwen BS, Gunnar MR, Heim C. Effects of stress throughout the lifespan on the brain, behaviour and cognition. Nature reviews neuroscience. 2009;10(6):434.
18. Sagi-Schwartz A, van IJzendoorn MH, Bakermans-Kranenburg MJJA, Development H. Does intergenerational transmission of trauma skip a generation? No meta-analytic evidence for tertiary traumatization with third generation of Holocaust survivors. 2008;10(2):105-21.
19. Yahyavi ST, Zarghami M, Marwah UJRBdP. A review on the evidence of transgenerational transmission of posttraumatic stress disorder vulnerability. 2014;36(1):89-94.
20. Ross DA, Arbuckle MR, Travis MJ, Dwyer JB, van Schalkwyk GI, Ressler KJ. An Integrated Neuroscience Perspective on Formulation and Treatment Planning for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: An Educational Review. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017;74(4):407-15.
21. Roth TL, Lubin FD, Funk AJ, Sweatt JD. Lasting epigenetic influence of early-life adversity on the BDNF gene. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;65(9):760-9.
22. Weinstock M. The long-term behavioural consequences of prenatal stress. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2008;32(6):1073-86.
23. Baibazarova E, van de Beek C, Cohen-Kettenis PT, Buitelaar J, Shelton KH, van Goozen SH. Influence of prenatal maternal stress, maternal plasma cortisol and cortisol in the amniotic fluid on birth outcomes and child temperament at 3 months. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2013;38(6):907-15.
24. Braithwaite EC, Murphy SE, Ramchandani PG, Hill J. Associations between biological markers of prenatal stress and infant negative emotionality are specific to sex. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2017;86: 1-7.
25. Shrira A, Ayalon L, Bensimon M, Bodner E, Rosenbloom T, Yadid G. Parental Post-traumatic Stress Disorder Symptoms Are Related to Successful Aging in Offspring of Holocaust Survivors. Front Psychol.2017;8:1-12.
26. Kunst MJJ, Saan MC, Bollen LJA, Kuijpers KF. Secondary traumatic stress and secondary posttraumatic growth in a sample of Dutch police family liaison officers. Stress Health. 2017;33(5): 570-7.
27. Katz J, Rich H. Partner Covictimization and Post-Breakup Stalking, Pursuit, and Violence: A Retrospective Study of College Women. 2015.
28. Remer R, E. Elliott J. Management of secondary victims of sexual assault. 1988;9(4):389-401
29. Diamond DJ, Diamond MO. Parenthood after reproductive loss: How psychotherapy can help with postpartum adjustment and parent-infant attachment. Psychotherapy (Chic). 2017;54(4):373-9.
30. Molnar B, Sprang G, Killian K, Gottfried R, Emery V, Bride B. Advancing science and practice for vicarious traumatization/secondary traumatic stress: A research agenda. 2017; 23(2):129-42.
31. Van IMH, Bakermans-Kranenburg MJ, Sagi-Schwartz A. Are children of Holocaust survivors less well-adapted? A meta-analytic investigation of secondary traumatization. J Trauma Stress. 2003; 16 (5): 459-69.
32. Kellermann NP. Transmission of Holocaust trauma-an integrative view. Psychiatry. 2001;64(3): 256-67.
33. Davidson AC, Mellor DJ. The adjustment of children of Australian Vietnam veterans: is there evidence for the transgenerational transmission of the effects of war-related trauma? Aust N Z J Psychiatry. 2001;35(3):345-51.
34. Jordan BK, Marmar CR, Fairbank JA, Schlenger WE, Kulka RA, Hough RL, et al. Problems in families of male Vietnam veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder. J Consult Clin Psychol. 1992;60(6): 916-26.
35. O'Toole BI, Burton MJ, Rothwell A, Outram S, Dadds M, Catts SV. Intergenerational transmission of post-traumatic stress disorder in Australian Vietnam veterans' families. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2017;135 (5): 363-72.
36. Leydic Harkness L. Transgenerational Transmission of War-Related Trauma. Springer, Boston, MA. 1993;635-43.
37. Davidson J, Smith R, Kudler H. Familial psychiatric illness in chronic posttraumatic stress disorder. Compr Psychiatry. 1989;30(4):339-45.
38. Beckham JC, Braxton LE, Kudler HS, Feldman ME, Lytle BL, Palmer S. Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory profiles of Vietnam combat veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder and their children. J Clin Psychol. 1997;53(8):847-52.
39. Jacobsen LK, Sweeney CG, Racusin GR. Group psychotherapy for children of fathers with PTSD: Evidence of psychopathology emerging in the group process. Journal of Child and Adolescent Group Therapy. 1993;3(2):103-20.
40. Loncar I, Loncar M. Anger in Adulthood in Participants Who Lost Their Father During the War in Croatia When They Were in Their Formative Age. Psychiatr Danub. 2016;28(4):363-71.
41. Ruscio AM, Weathers FW, King LA, King DW. Male war-zone veterans' perceived relationships with their children: the importance of emotional numbing. J Trauma Stress. 2002;15(5):351-7.
42. Alyami M MZ, Johani A.A, Ullah E, Alyami H, Sundram F, Hill A, Henning M. The impact of self-esteem, academic self-efficacy and perceived stress on academic performance: A cross-sectional study of Saudi psychology students. European Journal of Educational Sciences. (2017); 4(3);51-68.
43. Bradley R, Schwartz AC, Kaslow NJ. Posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms among low-income, African American women with a history of intimate partner violence and suicidal behaviors: self-esteem, social support, and religious coping. J Trauma Stress. 2005;18(6):685-96.
44. Sherman MD, Gress Smith JL, Straits-Troster K, Larsen JL, Gewirtz A. Veterans' perceptions of the impact of PTSD on their parenting and children. Psychol Serv. 2016;3(4):10-401
45. Yehuda R, Blair W, Labinsky E, Bierer LM. Effects of parental PTSD on the cortisol response to dexamethasone administration in their adult offspring. Am J Psychiatry. 2007;164(1):163-6.
46. Galovski T, Lyons JA. Psychological sequelae of combat violence: A review of the impact of PTSD on the veteran's family and possible interventions. Aggression and Violent Behavior. 2004;9(5):477-501.
47. Thomson H. First evidence of how parents' lives could change children's DNA. New Scientist. 2015:
48. Russell A, Saebel J. Mother–Son, Mother–Daughter, Father–Son, and Father–Daughter: Are They Distinct Relationships? Developmental Review. 1997;17(2):111-47.
49. Dansby VS, Marinelli RP. Adolescent children of Vietnam combat veteran fathers: a population at risk. J Adolesc. 1999;22(3):329-40.
50. Schulz KM, Pearson JN, Neeley EW, Berger R, Leonard S, Adams CE, et al. Maternal stress during pregnancy causes sex-specific alterations in offspring memory performance, social interactions, indices of anxiety, and body mass. Physiology & behavior. 2011;104(2):340-7.
51. Sandman CA, Glynn LM, Davis EP. Is there a viability-vulnerability tradeoff? Sex differences in fetal programming. J Psychosom Res. 2013;75(4): 327-35.
52. Brockman C, Snyder J, Gewirtz A, Gird SR, Quattlebaum J, Schmidt N, et al. Relationship of service members' deployment trauma, PTSD symptoms, and experiential avoidance to postdeployment family reengagement. J Fam Psychol. 2016;30(1):52-62.
53. Rosenheck R, Fontana A. Transgenerational effects of abusive violence on the children of Vietnam combat veterans. J Trauma Stress. 1998;11(4):731-42.
54. Caselli LT, Motta RW. The effect of PTSD and combat level on Vietnam veterans' perceptions of child behavior and marital adjustment. J Clin Psychol. 1995;51(1):4-12